Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy
If you suffer from a foot condition that involves the connective tissue, the podiatrists at Advanced Foot & Ankle Centers of Illinois may use advanced treatment options. One such treatment option is amniotic stem cell therapy. Amniotic stem cell injections offer cutting-edge results for those suffering from such conditions as degenerative arthritis and Achilles tendinitis.
With amniotic stem cell therapy, your podiatrist will inject stem cells from amniotic tissues into your body. Similar to cortisone and steroid shots, stem cell injections have anti-inflammatory properties with far more benefits than that of standard treatment.
While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, stem cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The stem cells constantly divide and build up new tissue. Additionally, stem cell injections contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, relieves pain, and helps restore mobility.
Benefits of Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy
Amniotic stem cell injections are proven to be very safe and effective, and also provide many benefits:
- Amniotic stem cells contain hyaluronic acid, which naturally lubricates cartilage and promotes new growth
- Amniotic stem cells rely on naturally-occurring anti-inflammatory agents, such as cytokines
- Amniotic stem cells stimulate tissue growth through growth factors
- Amniotic stem cells carry no threat of patient rejection
- Amniotic fluid is a highly concentrated source of stem cells, making amniotic injections more effective than those from embryonic stem cells and even the patient’s own stem cells collected from bone marrow or fat
Is Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy Safe?
Yes, amniotic stem cell therapy is safe. Over 10,000 injections have been performed in the United States without a single reported adverse side effect.
- Ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons have been using amniotic stem cells for over 20 years. Their use of amniotic stem cells is well-researched, safe and effective.
- Amniotic stem cell therapy is the preferred type of stem cell injection treatment due to the fact that patient rejection is extremely rare. Amniotic stem cells have no DNA in them, making them neutral and allowing everyone to be a match. This also means you cannot contract anything from the donor.
- All amniotic stem cell donors must go through an extensive screening process, as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
If a foot condition such as arthritis or Achilles tendinitis is limiting your daily routine or preventing you from enjoying the activities you love, amniotic stem cell therapy may be a viable option for you.
The podiatrists at Advanced Foot & Ankle Centers of Illinois are here to help you understand your symptoms and the reason behind them, as well as provide specialized treatment plans for your condition.
Call or request an appointment online to see if amniotic stem cell therapy is the right option for you!