Dr. Breck Tiernan
“My goal is to get you out of pain as quickly as possible and to prevent it from returning.”
Dr. Breck Tiernan proudly provides expert podiatry care to patients from the Advanced Foot & Ankle Centers of Illinois office in Joliet. He opened and has been serving in the Joliet office since 2007.
- Undergraduate: University of Iowa, BS Chemistry
- Medical School: Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Residency: Norwegian American Hospital
Although Dr. Tiernan is well trained and happy to help with a variety of foot and ankle conditions at his Joliet office, he has a particular interest in:
Dr. Tiernan was born and raised in Eastern Iowa and still remains a big Hawkeye fan. He is married with 3 children.
Golf and football are two of Dr. Tiernan’s favorite sports. He has played on 28 of the top 100 golf courses in the world and hopes to get to as many more as possible. His all-time favorite courses are:
- Royal Dornoch
- Cruden Bay
- Royal Portrush
- Cabot Cliffs
- Ballybunion – Old Course
- Pebble Beach
- Pinehurst #2
- Royal County Down
- Old Course at St. Andrews
- Turnberry (Ailsa)
Honorable Mentions: Carnoustie, St. Patricks, Carne, Enniscrone.
Our Joliet Podiatry Office
Dr. Tiernan is committed to keeping the Advanced Foot & Ankle Centers of Illinois office in Joliet updated with state-of-the-art equipment as the standards in foot and ankle care continue to advance. He invests a lot of time into equipment to help his patients get back on their feet pain-free, but is always ready to rely on more traditional treatments and methods should they be more applicable to a patient’s unique needs and situation.
Awards and Publications
- “Spontaneous Bilateral Ankle and Midfoot Sepsis in a Non-immunocompromised Patient.” Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association 2006 96: 139-147
- Voted Top Podiatrist in Joliet, Illinois by FindaTopDoc.com
- Voted Top Doctor in Joliet, Illinois by FindaTopDoc.com