Can’t make it to our offices? No problem!
We know it can be challenging at times to come in for appointments. The current COVID-19 pandemic is impacting all of our lives in severe ways, and we very much understand that.
At the same time, it is important that you find the relief and treatment you need. Not everything can or should wait.
Fortunately, we have a way for you to stay on top of managing your foot and ankle care when you are physically unable to visit any of our area offices, or otherwise prefer not to:
No matter whether you’re limited by illness or quarantine, lack of transportation, scheduling conflicts, or any other reason, a telemedicine appointment is how you can still receive expert insight and analysis from one of our foot and ankle specialists.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is when a medical professional uses communications technology to provide clinical services to you, without requiring an in-person visit.
Essentially, it allows our doctors to perform a remote visual inspection of your foot or ankle, communicate directly with you, and answer your questions – all while you remain in the comfort of your own home.
There are a variety of specific telemedicine tools and technologies. At Advanced Foot & Ankle Centers, we use a safe, secure service available through our electronic medical records (EMR) system. Here is how it works:
- Call one of our offices to schedule an appointment with us. Mention that you are interested in telemedicine.
- We will send you a text or email that contains a private, secure, HIPPA-compliant link that is generated via our EMR system.
- At the time of your appointment (during our regular office hours), click the link we gave you on your smartphone, tablet, or a computer that has a camera and microphone. When our doctor is ready, the appointment will begin.
- We recommend that you be somewhere that is well-lit, quiet, and has strong, reliable Internet access during the appointment. It can also be beneficial to have a trusted loved one with you who can hold the camera and take notes, if needed.
Is telemedicine right for you?
Appointment types that often work very well for a virtual consult include:
- Initial inspections. Our doctors can visually inspect your foot or ankle over video, providing a diagnosis and/or guidance on next steps to take.
- Check-up appointments. Your doctor can follow up with you on custom orthotics and many previous procedures.
- Test results. We can follow up with you on any lab or test results we have received.
- Prescription. We can discuss and handle refill requests.
- Questions and advice. Have a question about your health care and want answers from a real medical professional? Telemedicine is by far the easiest way to do it.
Our telemedicine appointments are ideal for those who have to stay home, are working parents, or don’t have transportation to get to our office. You do not need any sort of official reason or “written excuse” to request this type of appointment from us.
Is telemedicine covered by insurance?
While telemedicine services have been increasingly covered by insurance companies—especially during the COVID-19 pandemic—the answer depends on your specific provider and plan.
Not sure if your insurance plan covers telemedicine appointments? Please call any of our offices and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
There are no additional charges for requesting a telemedicine appointment in comparison to a standard, in-office appointment.
How can you request your telemedicine appointment?
If you’re ready to request your telemedicine appointment with us, please call our offices or complete the form on this page.
A member of our office will follow up with you during our regular office hours to schedule your appointment, make sure you have everything you need, and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you—however that may be!